Here's the awesome blurb:
What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you?
When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.
Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?
Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality.
To celebrate her upcoming release, Julie's asking a bunch of other authors
So here's mine:
1. Go back to Europe. It's been 9 years...
2. Stay in one of those Tahitian over-the-water bungalow thingies
3. Hike to Machu Pichu with my boys (and I'm not a nature girl)
4. See the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
5. Become more fluent in Italian, or at least remember what I've forgotten
6. Own a Camaro (again)
7. Learn to drive stick better
8. Meet Toni Morrison. Do not make total ass of myself and/or cry.
9. Sell the weird little literary book that I love more than is healthy
10. Go whale watching. See one leap into the air.
So What's on YOUR bucket list? Be sure to leave a comment below, and don't forget to go get yourself a copy of Side Effects May Vary